Monday, November 16, 2009

Social Anxiety Wake Up Call?

I'm 21, and as long as I can remember I've been very shy. For most of my life, that's all I thought it was, shyness. However, now I starting to fear it might be social anxiety and/or social phobia. The only people I truly feel comfortable around are the people I see or talk to on a regular basis (my parents and very close friends). I even feel anxious and uncomfortable around many of my relatives. I got a big wake up call on my last day of class this semester. I am majoring in elementary education; something I love, however one of my instructors who is also my advisor told me that if I don't get over my shyness, I am not going to be successful in teaching. She basically said, if I don't do something to fix my problem over the holiday break, I need to find a different major. This really hit me hard. Recently I heard about hypnotherapy. I was wondering if any of you have heard about it curing or helping people with social anxiety or social phobia. I am desparate.

Social Anxiety Wake Up Call?
I can just give my own thoughts here but i think it is about looking inside your heart and at who you are, its about fearing rejection of what others think of what you have to say and also showing compasion and love for another by taking the time to listen to them maybe you agree or not but still it seems to me its everyones right to be heard if they need help in asking of a question its with sincerity they ask it i think thats very true as well, so best thing i can think to tell you is be strong and dont let others influence you to much you know who you are in your heart and others may wihs to change that but it is not there place to do that only person who can change you is yourself and faith in god and jesus is a good place to find strength and comfort i always have found, i am not preaching or anything but its what has brought comfort to my heart when things seem very rough


No comments:

Post a Comment