Monday, November 16, 2009

Social security #'s?

I tried to track down my deceased mother's social security number for family tree information.The number did not come up.I am wondering if my step father(who is now deceased too),reported her to social security.On her death certificate notice was her social security number,but when we tried to list it on the computer to get information regarding her parents,and other information,the system said no such social securty number.What can I do?

Social security #'s?
Well, first, that's kind of creepy. You should probably see if you typed it in correctly. If that doesn't work, you should tell the government. Email, letter, something. That shouldn't happen.
Reply:Contact your nearest Social Security Office or call them at 800-772-1213 and ask them. I believe that once a person is deceased, the number is no longer valid and cannot be used for any purpose. But check with them to be sure.

crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment