Friday, November 13, 2009

What social cause could I use in my paper and what actions and activities could I do as a social activist?

My paper is about me as a social activist and I have to come up with a social cause. It has to include the following:


• Your mini autobiography as it relates to your social cause


• Your social cause


• Actions and activities that you plan to execute toward your cause


• How you will know that you have reached your goals (may be ongoing)


• Your future in social activism

What social cause could I use in my paper and what actions and activities could I do as a social activist?
Sounds like your teacher has his/her own personal agenda to churn out activist wackos, under the guise of "community service education"
Reply:The goal of this assignment is help you to understand that the issues that you hear about are not separate from you, you have a stake in what is going on in the world around you and you can have an effect.





1. Choose something that is close to your heart. Cancer, AIDS, Animal Rights, Human Rights, Hunger.





2. Give some past history that explains why this issue is important you. Use personal examples. When did you start caring about this issue? Who have you known that has been affected by it?





3. What are you willing to do to further knowledge of this cause and what actions are you willing to take to make a difference? What is required? How much time? What resources?





4. What is success? Talk about why other people should care about this cause, and how greater numbers will result in greater change.


No comments:

Post a Comment