Friday, November 13, 2009

Social Studies vs. History?

I'm on Collegeboard and it's asking me how many years of Social Studies I've taken. I've always thought that social studies was something like History, but it also asks me how many years of History I've taken. I've taken 3yrs of History (I'm a Junior now) and the only other "social studies" courses I can think of are religion courses such as social justice that i have taken.





Are Social Studies and History one in the same? Or should I take Psychology or something next year to fill the requirement?

Social Studies vs. History?
It depends on what they mean. In New Zealand social studies incorporates history and geography. in the school level curriculum Normally its not referred to as a university level subject. Maybe social sciences, which incorporates, everything that the poster above noted. I would contact someone at the college to find out what courses are acceptable or count as 'social studies'.
Reply:Social studies is more like Psychology, Criminlogy, stuff like that. History would be like what you assumed, European History, etc. etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment